Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Jacqueline's Bead Scarf

Marybeth from Thursday night knitting had given me two skeins of Moda Dea Bead-nik in the fall, or was it summer... ?

Well, I had been making a series of scarfs for co-workers, and when I saw this one, I knew who I had to make it for! I knitted up a sample inch in garter, and then showed it to Jacqueline to get her opinion on the yarn. She liked it, so I told her I was planning on knitting a scarf for her out of it. (Such a good idea to get buy-in at the get go, because she wears the scarf and gets many compliments!!!)

I love the color on her, and how the sparkles pick up the highlights in her hair. It's very dressy. Not meant for warmth.

Additionally, the day I presented it to her, unbeknownst to me, she had dropped her scarf in a puddle and her neck was chilled. So the timing was perfect!

No comments: