Saturday, April 14, 2007

Debbie Bliss sweater

I started this project two years ago, and put it aside. I picked it up again after finishing Liz' hat. Liz' hat was the only thing I did in March, and I felt bad about that, particularly as I'd made some decent progress in January. Do you realize just exactly HOW difficult it is to pick a pattern up after two years? That should teach me not to put something aside again.

Well, I tried every week at knitting to study the pattern to figure out what row I was on. Then I put it away. The next week I would try again, then I put it away.

And I fretted about my New Year's Resolution, and I craved buying more Homespun. But I only have a limited supply, and what if I need a particular color later this year? So many babies, so little yarn! One morning I actually woke up thinking about different colors of yarn. I told my boyfriend. He was thinking about different colors of paint...

Finally after about two to three weeks of not getting anywhere, the knitter's block lifted. Here is a picture of the thing started. I'm up to the point where I have to start working the neck on the right front, and the sleeves will be all that's left after the collar.

No comments: