Friday, January 26, 2007

Emergency Project: potholder "recipe"

I was so bummed out tonight. The PATH train had "10-15 minute delays due to signal problems". And I let the overpacked first train go by without me, thinking there would be more room on the next one...

And I'd already done too many rows of crochet on my emergency project. The Lily's Sugar and Creme potholder that I was making, that conveniently fit into the upper pocket of my leather jacket. For emergencies.

So there wasn't even room to pull out my dpns and work on my reworked CancerCare hat. So I had to read.

Here is the potholder recipe:
................................................

C O T T O N & C R E M E

Chain 72 with a J Hook. Join together. Single crochet in back loop only. Work 16 rows (or about). Fold carefully at an angle. Then sew together.

................................................

I started my first one New Year's Eve. And worked it on the PATH train. My mom couldn't really explain how you fold it over the phone, so I'm going to have to take some pictures so you can see how to do it.

But I am also very happy that approximately one ball of yarn completes one potholder. I crochet so loose, though, that my second one I went down to a smaller hook and only 60 stitches. That doesn't use up the yarn, though. And Primary Objective is to use up my stash, with as little leftover skeins as possible.

No comments: