Sunday, January 06, 2008

Marley's Baby Blanket

OK. It wouldn't be January without at least one crocheted baby blanket. And this month I'm trying for two. A woman at my church has a daughter that gave birth to a beautiful baby girl at the end of December. I don't remember the exact date, but she can be claimed as a 2007 tax credit. In either case, I was able to ask the mother what color the room would be, and she said purple. The next Sunday I brought samples of Baroque (only having one skein in stock), Grape (perhaps as many as four skeins), and a really cool, discontinued Disco, (four precious skeins), which is a blend of purple, tealy green, and black. I also brought the current Lionbrand catalog to show the grandmother-to-be, now a grandmother, the Lavender from the catalog. Well, Arlene liked the Baroque, but did suggest I choose. Thankfully, and I mean thankfully, it finally became 2008 and I was gloriously happy to go to AC Moore and purchase new yarn to my heart's content. I decided to make the blanket in Lavender, a beautiful soft lavender as the name implies, when it suddenly became positioned next to a scrap piece of Cotton Candy, a nice soft pink as pink as the name implies. Those of you who are familiar with the Lionbrand colors of Homespun will know exactly what I am referring to.

So here is the completed blankie:


I did 7 strips of ten rows, starting and ending in Lavender. And I'm happy to say I was able to give the finished project to Arlene on Sunday, January 6, 2008. And here are some close ups:



My camera doesn't do justice to the cotton candy pink. For that you really have to check out the website, or I need to take a better picture...

See http://cache.lionbrand.com//yarns/homespun.htm for all the colors!

No comments: