Tuesday, January 01, 2008

2008!

It's a new year, a new day, a new beginning. Time to cast on new yarn, new ways, more forgiving!

I woke up this morning in the dark, thinking it was 6:00 am. The rain is outside and it's wet and gray. And it feels like CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!!!!! It has been one full, long year, and I have fulfilled my 2007 New Year's resolution of not to buy yarn in 2007, until I used up all that I had (with rules and exceptions, see last year's post: 2007 New Years Resolution.

I can't WAIT to call AC Moore to see if they are open.

Seriously, this has been a rough year at times, though it has also been filled with countless blessings. I still cannot get over the loss of my friend's young son, and I wake up each morning asking why. I feel for his family. And my buddy Dan, in Iraq, emails of countless more tragedies than would be fit for the U.S. after dinner table talk. We are so blessed, here. So blessed.

But today the thought of buying yarn is a bright, fat ray of sunshine in the drizzle! It's a second Christmas in the season!

Count your blessings, not your tangles.

No comments: